The Anti‑Corruption Commission (ACC) has withdrawn a letter that declared two Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh (CAAB) engineers free of pending cases and issued a replacement following a report by TIMES of Bangladesh.
In the new letter, the anti-graft watchdog acknowledges that Mohammad Aminul Hashib and Moydur Rahman Md Mowdud are both FIR-listed accused in separate corruption cases filed by the ACC itself and that both cases remain under investigation.
The replacement letter, sent to the relevant ministry on Thursday, was issued under the same date and memorandum number as the original, with the document marked as “replaced”. However, it bears a signature dated 12 August 2026.
In the new letter, the ACC states that Aminul Hashib is the ninth accused in Case No. 85, filed by its Dhaka-1 office on 27 January 2025, and that the case remains under investigation.
Similarly, Moydur Rahman Md Mowdud is identified as the ninth accused in Case No. 84, filed by the same office on the same day. That case also remains under investigation.
Yet in its previous letter, issued on 11 March under the same memorandum number, the ACC had stated that neither official had any case under investigation or trial.
That clearance paved the way for subsequent administrative action. On 30 June, CAAB promoted Aminul Hashib from executive engineer to superintending engineer, a Grade-4 post.
TIMES of Bangladesh exposed the contradiction in a report published on Tuesday. The report showed that the ACC itself had filed cases against Aminul Hashib and Moydur Rahman over the alleged embezzlement of around Tk150 crore from the Cox’s Bazar International Airport runway expansion and building construction project and Tk212 crore from the Sylhet airport development project.
Yet about 13 months later, the same anti-graft agency stated in writing during their promotion-related verification that no cases were pending against them.
Following the report of TIMES, ACC Director General for Money Laundering Mokammel Haque said on Tuesday that a corrected letter would be issued acknowledging the cases against the two officials.
He also said the commission was investigating how individuals accused in its own cases had been officially declared free of pending cases.
The ACC issued the replacement letter the following day.
Copies of the letter were sent to the Cabinet Division as well as the offices of the ACC chairman, the commissioner responsible for investigation and inquiry and the ACC secretary.
The new letter, however, offers no explanation for how the false information was issued in the first place, who verified and approved it or whether any action has been taken against those responsible.





