Ferran Torres has been given permission to miss Barcelona training as he moves closer to a transfer to Paris Saint-Germain.
The Spain forward was due to return to Barcelona training on Wednesday. Instead, he has been allowed to stay away while he works towards completing the move.
PSG could pay more than £40 million for the 26-year-old. The French club have won the Champions League in each of the past two seasons and are managed by former Barcelona player and coach Luis Enrique.
Torres played a key role in Spain’s World Cup triumph this summer. He scored the extra-time winner against Argentina as Spain claimed their second World Cup title.
His absence from Barcelona training now signals that negotiations with PSG have reached an advanced stage.
Torres has only one year remaining on his Barcelona contract. His future had already attracted attention after he openly discussed the possibility of leaving the Catalan club.
“I have a contract with Barcelona but, in football, you never know,” Torres said during a media tour of the United States after Spain’s World Cup victory.
Asked about interest from PSG, he admitted that the attention was flattering.
“Every time these teams want you it’s a good thing,” he said. “You never know because in football everything can change in one minute, so I have to be ready for everything.”
Torres joined Barcelona in 2022 after spending two seasons with Manchester City. He has since scored 25 goals in 65 appearances for Spain.
PSG could also need another forward this summer. Bradley Barcola has attracted interest from Liverpool, which could create space in Luis Enrique’s attack.
The timing of Torres’ potential move also comes as PSG prepare for the UEFA Super Cup against Aston Villa in Salzburg on Wednesday night.





