Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RCB) have announced fresh financial aid for the families of those who died in the stampede during the team’s title celebrations earlier this year. Each family will now receive ₹25 lakh as part of the franchise’s new programme, RCB Cares.
The tragedy struck on June 4 at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium when nearly two and a half lakh fans gathered to see the players after RCB won their first IPL title. The huge crowd led to chaos, leaving 11 people dead and many others injured.
In the days following the incident, RCB had provided ₹10 lakh to each of the affected families. On Saturday, the franchise shared an emotional message, their first public statement since the tragedy.
“Our hearts broke on June 4, 2025. We lost eleven members of the RCB family. Their absence will always be felt. No amount of support can replace them, but as a first step, we have extended ₹25 lakh to their families. This is not only financial aid but also a promise of care and unity,” the post on X read.
RCB also said the support is only the beginning of a long-term plan to honour the memory of the victims. “Every step forward will reflect what our fans feel, expect, and deserve,” the statement added.
Earlier, in another message to their supporters, RCB addressed the long silence from the team since the incident. They said the pause was not absence, but grief. “That day broke our hearts, and the silence since then has been our way of holding space. We return not with celebration but with care, to stand with you and walk forward together,” the team wrote.
RCB had lifted their maiden IPL trophy on June 3 in Ahmedabad after beating Punjab Kings. The celebrations in Bengaluru the next day turned tragic when thousands of fans rushed towards the stadium, resulting in the deadly stampede.