Iran has threatened for the first time since the war began to strike infrastructure in the United Arab Emirates, warning that several of the Gulf nation’s ports could be targeted over alleged use by US forces.
Iran’s military command on Saturday said ports, docks and locations sheltering US forces in UAE cities would be considered “legitimate targets,” urging people to evacuate areas around the facilities to avoid harm. Iranian media specifically mentioned the ports of Jebel Ali, Khalifa and Fujairah.
The escalation comes as the US-Israeli war on Iran enters its third week, intensifying regional tensions and raising concerns over global energy supplies. The Strait of Hormuz, a crucial shipping route that carries about one-fifth of the world’s traded oil has effectively been shut down as most commercial vessels avoid the area due to security risks.
Iran has launched hundreds of missiles and drones at Israel and Gulf countries during the conflict, saying it is targeting US assets in the region. Gulf states including the UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain have reported repeated missile and drone attacks since the war began on 28 February.
On Friday, US President Donald Trump said American forces had “obliterated” military targets on Iran’s Kharg Island, which hosts the country’s main oil export terminal. Iranian authorities reported at least 15 explosions on the island following the strikes but said oil infrastructure was not damaged.
Iran warned that any attack on its oil facilities could trigger retaliation against US-linked energy infrastructure across the region.
Meanwhile, missile sirens sounded in Tel Aviv early Sunday as Israel reported a new wave of Iranian missile launches. In Iran, at least 15 people were killed in a strike in an industrial area of Isfahan, according to local media, though Israel denied targeting the site.
The conflict has also spread across the region. In Iraq, a drone strike caused a fire at an oil refinery near Irbil, forcing operations to halt, while in Lebanon Israeli strikes have killed more than 800 people since renewed fighting with Hezbollah began earlier this month.
Authorities say the war has already killed more than 1,200 people in Iran and displaced hundreds of thousands across the region, raising fears of a broader Middle East conflict and severe disruptions to global energy markets.





