Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president Tamim Iqbal says there is still no confirmation over India’s scheduled white-ball tour of Bangladesh in September, although discussions with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) remain positive.
India are due to play 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is across Mirpur and Chattogram, but the series has remained in doubt amid broader regional considerations.
Speaking to reporters after Wednesday’s BCB board meeting in Mirpur, Tamim admitted the board was still waiting for clarity from its Indian counterpart.
“Unfortunately, I don’t have any news regarding the India series,” Tamim said. “I am in discussions with the BCCI, and there is communication between BCB and BCCI officials. We are trying from every possible angle, and I hope they will come.”
Tamim stressed the importance of the series for Bangladesh cricket, saying matches against India generate unmatched interest among supporters and stakeholders. He said, “When it comes to Bangladesh playing India, the excitement is on a different level. Journalists, fans, cricketers—everyone looks forward to it. I am very hopeful that they will come. Bangladesh is an extremely safe country, and I remain optimistic about the tour.”
The BCB president acknowledged, however, that the board’s influence has its limits, with discussions extending beyond cricket administration.
“Whatever steps need to be taken from our side, we are taking them. But everyone needs to understand that there is a line I cannot cross as BCB president. Within my responsibility, I am speaking to the right people and explaining the value of this series. Beyond that, there are certain things that are outside my control.”
Despite the uncertainty, Tamim said his conversations with the BCCI had been encouraging and expected a decision soon.
“The discussions I’ve had so far have been very positive. They also have to make their decision. Hopefully, we will know very soon whether the series is going ahead or not”, the former captain concluded.





