Rescue teams concluded the third day of operations at Daulatdia ferry ghat on Friday without recovering any additional bodies following the deadly bus accident in the Padma River.
Officials said the search began around 8am and continued throughout the day, but no new bodies were found. The operation was suspended in the evening due to poor visibility and is scheduled to resume on Saturday morning.
Deowan Sohel Rana, Deputy Assistant Director of Fire Service and Civil Defence in Rajbari, told The TIMES of Bangladesh that efforts are underway to expand the search. Authorities are considering removing a pontoon at the site, which would allow divers to conduct further searches beneath it.
Members of the Fire Service, Bangladesh Navy, Coast Guard and Bangladesh Inland Water Transport Authority (BIWTA) participated in the operation.
On the third day, the number of diving units was reduced from two to one. Meanwhile, two Navy speedboats continued searching nearby areas amid concerns that bodies may have drifted away.
At least 24 bodies have been recovered so far after a bus operated by Showhardo Paribahan plunged into the Padma River at Daulatdia ferry ghat in Goalanda upazila of Rajbari on Wednesday evening while attempting to board a ferry.





