Lionel Messi has returned to training with Inter Miami, 10 days after Argentina lost the FIFA World Cup final to Spain.
The Major League Soccer club shared a video on social media on Wednesday. It showed Messi walking onto the training ground with teammate Luis Suarez.
After Argentina’s 1 0 defeat in the World Cup final on July 19, Messi spent time with his family in his hometown of Rosario.
The day after the final, the Argentina captain shared an emotional message on social media.
“The pain is immense and it’s going to take a long time for this wound to heal,” Messi wrote.
The 39 year old had hoped to lead Argentina to a second straight World Cup title. He has not yet said whether he will continue playing for the national team.
During his break, Inter Miami coach Guillermo Hoyos said neither Messi nor Rodrigo De Paul had a fixed return date.
Hoyos said both players needed time to recover after the World Cup.
He said the tournament placed a huge physical and mental burden on the players. He added that they deserved time to rest.
Messi and De Paul were also allowed to miss the MLS All Star Game in Charlotte on Wednesday.
The league usually expects selected players to take part unless they are injured. Messi missed the match last year and received a one match suspension.
This year, MLS allowed both players to skip the event because they had only recently finished their World Cup campaign.
Inter Miami have not confirmed when Messi will play his next competitive match.
The club will host Columbus Crew on Saturday. They will then begin their Leagues Cup campaign against San Luis next Wednesday.





